Wednesday 8 July 2009

Don’t look back in anger!

So I’m rolling down the transit road in Gjakova, in a 17 year old ford fiesta. The relentless sun is beating down and for some reason oasis is playing. ‘’Don’t look back in anger..’’ I can’t help but think, as I’m driving to buy a birthday cake ordered that morning how norm this seems. How, although I can’t really converse on any deep meaningful levels with folks and I keep learning newer and stranger parts of the culture. That buying a birthday cake on a Tuesday afternoon is simply life?
I often wonder how I’ll look back at this time, did I put enuff in, did I try as hard as I could, did I really listen to God or did I indeed, squeeze it like a proverbial lemon?
Well I don’t know and I’m sure that I’ll have good memories, I’m sure that God is in this somewhere, although at times it’s hard to see, but I guess the immortal words of Noel Gallagher will remain the same. ‘’Don’t look back in anger..’’

No comments:

Post a Comment