Friday 12 March 2010

John 1 v 1-5

From the start it seemed to start with me

I say me from in the 3rd degree

He in they and they insidea me

That’s simply where it started see

We exist in perfect harmony

The embodiment of community

For some the simplicities hard to see

Coz I am him and he is me

All things created came from me

Nothing made apart from me

I stood hand in hand with the creator

I watched the joy it brought to make ya

In unity we stand together

Before time and space and earth and weather

I’m with you as we take this journey together

I wasn’t a 2nd thought

I wasn’t a last resort

I wasn’t what happened when we got caught

Out, to form a way back in

I was in him from the very beginning

This is the truth I came to bring

The joy of which I’m living in

The salvation for a world of sin

But hold on, we’ll get to that part lata

Who I am is simply life itself

It doesn’t come with position status or wealth

It lays hidden deep inside yourself

In a dusty box up on the top shelf

The one you can’t quite reach yourself

But you know it’s there

Sometimes you don’t see it there

But deep inside you know it’s there

It seems to just elude your stare

Sometimes you even forget it’s there

Or it gets covered up

And left

But what I have

I’ve come to share

It sits deep inside the guts of me

It’s been there for eternity

It’s the light by which we all can see

It outshines the dark around you see

Nothing gets away from me

It hides but the light will find it, and blind it

And that’s when you truly see

It burns with deep intensity

It’s what all creation longs to see

It shines for all eternity

It’s what will bring you back to me

It’s what can’t be stopped

It’s what can’t be hidden in a box

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve,
    Joe here from Gloucester - loving your blog and creative thoughts! Great stuff in the recent article 24/7 UK website too. God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete