Tuesday 22 September 2009

And I will worship you here.

So it no surprise when these words roll out in song my mind is drawn back to places of incredible beauty that we’ve had the privilege of visiting over the past few weeks. In these places of immense beauty it’s kinda easy to worship God. When your surrounded by the work of his hands,iIn a place where he’s the focus, in the prayer room in the safety of a church building, it’s not a difficult thing to say “yeah, I will worship you here”.

Snap forward a little, to a boy on the street I aint seen in a while, he begins to share his troubled soul, his anger and the things that lay heavy on his shoulders. The boys on the park bench don’t seem any different 5 months later. The aspirations to simply get away from reality by any means they can still linger heavy. It breaks my heart to these guys, guys that full of potential, guys with hopes and dreams, guys that are searching, but just looking in all the wrong places.
Then it comes, the challenge now takes on a new dimension, “Can you worship me here?” It’s a bit more difficult, it’s nowhere near as safe, its out of any type of comfort zone you could imagine, but, Yeah, “I will worship you hear”, among the broken, among the hurting among the lost. In fact, It’s what I want to do. I don’t know how, I’m gonna need some direction, but I’m here, and I WILL worship you. With all that I am. At least I’ll try, as best as I possible can

No comments:

Post a Comment