Sunday 16 August 2009

A simple sunset


Have you ever sat and watched a sunset? I mean just simply sat and watched the sunset before your eyes? From actually being in the sky the sun just disappears! How amazing is the world. So we’ve been in Montenegro, Croatia into Bosnia then back to Croatia and now we sit. Just sit, on the beach front, drinking a cold beer and appreciating all that’s good in life and it’s amazing. God is amazing, he’s amazing in Thurrock don’t get me wrong but when you allow yourself to roll round Gods world it will, and I don’t use this lightly, it will blow your mind. As I sat in complete awe of the works of God’s hands all I could do is ponder on him. I felt the distinct voice of the boss simply say ‘’don’t forget this’’, where ever you end up in the world, whatever you doing don’t forget this time, right now, don’t forget where I’ve brought you from and where your feet are standing right now! Heaven tells the glory of the almighty God and the sky’s announce what his hands have made, day after day there telling his story, night after night they tell it again. Never in my life have these words from such a long time ago been so real, so true so evident to my eyes,, and God message in all this is simple, Don’t forget, don’t turn your back, don’t get home and fall into routine and forget what I have shown you. Where you once were and where you are now!
As an aside, do you ever watch the sunset and wonder, maybe it’s a wonder or maybe just a vague hope or idea that someone is watching it with you? That the same sun that leaves your sight is ready to brighten up that someone else’s world with the same intensity and maybe as you sit in a far corner of the earth just watching and thinking, is their someone, somewhere in the world watching and thinking of you? Hoping and thinking the same?

Or maybe that’s just me

3 comments:

  1. Wow, yer sunsets are amazing, i love them!
    i remember the first time I few on a plane (must be 10 years ago) I saw a sunset from start to finish above the clouds, was amazing, all the great colours, i'll never forget it

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, steve that's beautiful.
    It'll really help me remember your little sermon on the road in Croatia.

    And... I was sitting there watching it with you. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has used sunsets (and sunrises though I don't see as many of them haha) to speak to me a lot recently.. it seems to be a common theme in my life right now! Thank you for adding another level to that with sharing yours xxx

    ReplyDelete