Tuesday 4 August 2009

Was that really you?

Have you ever seen that movie human traffic? You know when wacked out Danny Dyer is surprised to hear the dulcet tones of Jo Brand as the voice of reality calling him back. But as he’s been so far out of the world for so long the voice is unfamiliar and strange. Not that the voice of God is unfamiliar and distant but, my face feels just like the twisted face of Danny dyer asking ‘’..Reality, Is that you?..’’

How do you know when you really hear from God? I know you hear from God, I’ve experienced many times the leading and direction of that comes from the boss of all things. But what happens when it’s big. How can you be sure? I’ve been here for a while now and it’s coming to the wind down section. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still ready and willing to throw myself, head on, into anything that comes along but, you can help but begin to reflect on what was and consider what is to come.
This year has been amazing. What started with apprehension, reluctance and a vague idea of giving all to the one who it all came from, has turned out to be life giving, life shaping and life changing? We learned a lot, about God, developing relationship with him, our farther. We’ve seen how simple spending time with him, hearing his heart beat begins to shape how we live, as we begin to see the world as he does and allow ourselves to be broken by a broken world. It’s then that we are able to begin to live out life, and life to the full, ‘’..to pray is to change..’’ Is this one of those times?

There’s a place hear called Mahalle seefees, ‘gypsy street’. I love it, its raw rugged and uncontrollable. It’s the ruff forgotten end of town and it’s where I believe Jesus wants to be the centre. The church hears have a rented house hear in which they do amazing work with kids on a Saturday afternoon.
But!
Wot if!
What if from the tattered strands on life, from the broken lives of the inhabitance, Jesus wanted to lift up a Christ centred community and build his church?
Wot if someone caught a vision for a place of refuse and shelter, for kids to play, for teenagers to hang for adults to find an ear to listen. What if it was a hot house of prayer, a centre of the community where problems were aired and presented with prayer a petition to the founder of our faith? Maybe it could have an element of education, of learning of mission, of hospitality, of sharing the little we have with anyone who wants to except?
What if God planted the vision in humble servants to ‘’..get together with likeminded people, show up, and simply start living..?
But how do you it’s of God?
Today we were in the centre on Gjkova, singing a song I didn’t know, doing actions I didn’t understand but presenting God to the unsuspecting crowd of local folks out for a walk. Good times, as we sang I saw a tree, of medium size. Strong in stature. This is what I think I heard. ‘’..See I have planted my kingdom in this city, and see, it is growing, although the ground doesn’t look capable the roots are taking ground..’’ and then ‘’...Now help it grow..’’? What.

What now? God, again I ask, at the risk of offending you. Please teach me how to hear you voice!

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. maybe you should watch fern gully!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great blog.
    So often I ask the same question, God teach me to heard your voice, what are you really saying, and sometimes i don't think it's that I haven't heard God's voice, sometimes I think I question because i don't understand, If that is what you have said God, how, when, it just doesn't make sense, I think sometimes God's speaks but we don't understand the when, the what, the how, the who.
    I keep coming back to the verse, Your thoughts are not my thoughts, yours ways are not my ways.
    God can do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.
    Dream big, think big.
    Anyway, just a few thoughts

    ReplyDelete