Tuesday 23 June 2009

Hot on the heels of the rain maker



Yesterday I spent an hour or so with Vim and Lorianne from Holland, we talked about the emerging church, how the format of church had to change in order to reach an growing young generation who are increasingly disillusioned with the concept of church. I was able to share about prayer rooms; Christ centres communities and what has been breaking out across Europe. I think we were on the same page. They come from a small church group that meet in a house on a Thursday night (kool)

So as we talked we decided it would be good to pray at the top of Chibraty Hill, as many other have done, while looking over the city of Gjakova and see what God is saying to this city and to us

So we walked up the hill today (Chibraty esthe shume large nga shtepa im) we got to the top and shared what we felt God saying. Lorianne shared from about the feeding of the 5000, but majored on the fact Jesus looked and the crowd and had compassion on them and how God was calling us to be compassionate people. Tina shared from Corinthians and spoke about being ambassadors of Christ. I had the opportunity to share; I talked about how I felt God was calling his people to pray, and to pray like never before. How prayer movements had grown and spread across the globe. I shared about how I believed God is calling his people to feel what he feels, to see what he see when he looks into the hearts of broken lives, to live out compassion. To be the image bearers, the ambassadors of Christ in thows situations. We spoke about Christ centred believers with a foundation of prayer looking out to the needs of the city and finished with the old classic. If my people, called by my name humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways, I WILL hear from haven and I WILL heal their land. As we sat under the covers it began to rain, I hesitate to copy from someone else’s story but it did feel as thow our prayers were echoed in Haven as asked for revelation, for God in rain in this city to open the flood gates of heaven, and well, you know the rest

Wow, what a privilege to be able to pray and seek Gods heart over a city.

We walked on after a bit of munch to another view and prayed. We prayed for revelation, for restoration and for peace. We read from Isaiah (Andy A would be proud) Isaiah 54

8 In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you,'' says the LORD your Redeemer.
9 "To me this is like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth. So now I have sworn not to be angry with you, never to rebuke you again.
10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
11 "O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted, I will build you with stones of turquoise, your foundations with sapphires.
12 I will make your battlements of rubies, your gates of sparkling jewels, and all your walls of precious stones.
13 All your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be your children's peace.
14 In righteousness you will be established:Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.
15 If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing; whoever attacks you will surrender to you.




Good times indeed



An uprising is at hand
It starts with the humble prayers of man
In response to the heartbeat of this land
And as prayer, passion and unity stand
With mission and action Hand in hand,
We boldly make are united stand
As storm clouds fill the sky
In one voice we cry ‘’ Rain in this city tonight’’
That peace and hope would flood the streets
That love and grace would wash the people’s feet

1 comment: