Saturday 20 June 2009

Impromptu re assurance in ‘Bandit Country’

So, we were in Barum Curri today. There’s a couple from Holland hear at the mo, and they thought it good to take the mostly young church out to play some games before doing any God stuff. It worked well and attracted a larger crowed. As I casually excepted a call from non other that the delightful Mr Jonathan Biddel, slyly slipping away from the activities in which I had managed loose all respect and any credibility I had built up, over the past 6 weeks with my complete in ability to play volley ball. The day continued
So we sat down after and a group of teenagers that we had being vaguely talking to about life, God, love and the percentages of hot chicks in our respective countries. They joined our little pow wow, the guys from Holland shared a bit, there were a few questions, then one boy asked me to say something. Maybe they wanted to laugh at my ridicules Albanian skills (again) or maybe God had something to say. So I shared my testimony, in full. Some weren’t to interested but a couple were then, at the end, came a moment of revelation. Not for the crowd that were sitting around in the late afternoon sun under the back drop of graffitied school building broken cars and the dirt laces basketball courts, at least not as far as I knew.
It was for me, after coming all this way and busying up with stuff both now and in life, you sometimes lose sight of what God has actually done for you. As I finished the story this one guy who had been intently listening all the way thought and doing his best to encourage other to do the same said ‘’ well, thank God for changing you coz you didn’t sound like a nice person before’’ Blap Blap. Yeah God has changed me, from the inside out. I weren’t too good, I don’t think I would even recognise that guy now.
Thanks God for a timely reminder of what you have done for me, thanks for speaking thought the mouth of a teenage boy whilst smoking a fag in the depths of Bandit Country, and I just pray that some of what you said through people today will stick with him on his journey.

Nice one God

No comments:

Post a Comment