Tuesday 12 May 2009

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

drove a car on the wrong side of the road. Well hear apparently it’s the right side but it still felt weird. Meet the folks from Smile, volunteered to do basically anything they wanted doing. Hopefully I haven’t dropped myself in it. They seem like really good folks so should be good.
Meet Kajmalina’s sister who’s here for a week, we had diner in a fast food place called Hani Hani (eat, eat) nice. I got like a subway type thing with grilled chicken in for 1 euro. Oh yes 1. Learned a lot about Kosova and the Berishas just from chatting to ‘lina’ so that was cool.
We visited the ghetto, that was fun, we went to see Driton (Richie Ballahs long lost brother) who lives in Mahalle Sahafers, (I don’t think that’s how you spell it) or gypsy street. It was rough but i kind liked it, maybe you don’t feel so venerable or threatened when you don’t understand a language. I just imagine everyone’s saying hello hope you’re enjoying your stay (it’s possible they could be threatening to mug me roll me in a carpet and drop me in the river) but I think maybe it’s better not to know sometimes.
Mondays meant to be a day off but it been a really good day.
Cheers genie.

No comments:

Post a Comment