Tuesday 12 May 2009

The first day of firsts,

The first day of firsts,

Today I woke up in Kosova for the first time, this is now really happening. Aahhhh. But don’t panic, before they left my wonderful friends hear said ‘’we will come round for you at about 11 tomorrow; We’re not really morning people. I think I might like it here after all.
I painted a swimming pool for the first time, wore some clean trousers and got paint on them for the first time (good times) does paint come off in the wash? Swimming pool paint? (I’m not feeling to confident on that one).

We had our first drink together (i had a coke, not quite ready to dive in to the coffee) I for the first time I realised, speaking a different language is gonna be a flippin big challenge. I thought I’d been learning Albanian but I don’t know what they speak hear, I’m lost, Jokes Eddie, it’s just a lot more difficult in conversation than in a class room with a book in front of you.

We went shopping for the first time hear and were able to get most of the stuff you would expect. I must admit I haven’t been shopping for a while so have basically forgot what goes with wot so may have a lot of stuff but not quite that goes together, never mind. Now I know where the shop is.
Made diner for myself. Oh Yeah, the girls would be proud, it was simple yet satisfying.

All in all not a bad way to start. Still a lot of questions and a lot of fears but what is it they say’’....if someone is for you, now who is not against....? I can’t remember, maybe Ill go look it up.
I think we are going to see the nikobibis in a bit so catch up later.

Thanks for checking in.

Late night note, just got in from the nikobibis, no one told me they were making diner! Oh well,
could be worse, I had a lovely evening regardless of the fact I didn’t really know what was
being said for 90% of the time. Somehow I still felt part of it all. It’s like having dinner with the
Walton’s off of TV or like the Jonas brothers (if they had sisters too((and if there were more sisters
than brothers)) so not like that at all really other than they like to sing together (but not this time)
bad example I realise now. Watched my first kosovan wedding on VHS (there aint no skool like the
old skool) and bruv, these folks love to dance, at one point I asked where the bride was, to be told as
this was her family the husband had taken her away and they had another party somewhere else,
wot a wedding party with no bride or groom? Fair play

Oh yeah, had my first kosovan/Turkish coffee, mmmmmmm gritty.

Oh so I just made the biggest mistake, I asked Faton who was doing what at the youth meeting
Tomorrow night. He said, oh if you want to share that would be great, we normally only do
20minuets but if you want to go on longer, that’s fine. Tomorrow’s gonna be good.

Nate e mire

No comments:

Post a Comment