Friday 29 May 2009

It’s about time for a poetic perspective

Is this what drowning feels like?

To be able to see the shifting shapes of the light among the mercy ripples
But somehow,
to keep going down
Is this what it feels like to drown?
Abandoned the wise words of wisdom, given
Saying ‘’what good are they to me know?’’
Survival instincts kicked in
Holding breath
Trying, holding on
Desperately reaching
But yet
Hopelessly sinking
From a world
That barely noticed I’d gone

Falling and failing
in each desperate second
Hoping that it wasn’t last

Is this what it feels like to go down?
Still reaching for the light
It’s still just in sight

With every ounce of strength and energy
Every breath I’ve got left in me
Self indulgent motives and focuses lay heavily
Helping
and holding
me down
And the light
Keeps its distance
Regardless of perseverance

So then, just stop
Forget wots on top
Concentrate now
You got hear some how

All the surroundings are hazy
I can barely see wot’s lying in front of me
Holding on to what’s just about holding on to me
Feeling like I can see it slipping away, tragically slowly
So I can watch while it’s taken away
Weightless I’m floating
Held in the uncontrolled emotions
That the move with the waters motion
Lost to the senses



Then a hand
reaches in

Just maybe, I’m gonna be all right?

So reach for it and grip it tight
As it pulls with confidence that I will make it out of this
And holds on to you,
Real tight

From the depths of desperation
Senseless, self obsessed
and consumed lost to darkness
Of split seconds that fell like a life time

Now,
Re focus,

Switching the kaleidoscope you’ve been viewing through
to clear,
concise
focus
Round the way thinking too much
A loss of perspective
Like gazing through the frosted perspects
And how I tinted this view with my perspective

It’s getting closer now

The freshness of air
The counter action to despair
Keeping your fixed focus there

Pulled out,
Takes the breath away
Who’s Idea was it ta get out of the boat anyway

Seemed like a good idea at the time

But,

When I looked at it with my natural eyes
Figured I must be out
of my tinny little, over thinking, mind

I Lost direction
Took eyes off the source
That’s when I started going down

But I’m clinging to those wise words now

In Total belief
Ok
I’m prepared
Let’s have another go now.

1 comment: