Sunday 3 May 2009

The sound of nostalgia keeps getting louder

Just what i was feeling at the time, hope you enjoy.

.............I can smell it the air
It seems like it’s just around me, everywhere
In the people I see, the streets that we share
Even when I do the stupid flick of my hair
The sound of nostalgia keeps getting louder,
I’m in a contemplative mood
So many emotional responses I feel to the space and time
I find myself in and the words I need to just elude
I’m just left confused
So I just walked a little walk in my tiny shoes
And all around me its calling
I can see it in the streets that I’m walking
And all the people I have the privilege of talking
The sound of nostalgias getting louder
It’s not a bad thing
In fact I’m feeling honoured
And with a hit of sadness and a bag full of excitement
I’m realising its not that long
Were getting to the end of the soundtrack and its playing my song
I hope I can savour every note and word
Coz each sound is a memory, wrapped in turns
Hear I stand at the cross roads, a man made junction
Wondering about my life in all its functions
It won’t be long before the ripple of repercussions
Of decisions is felt, tucked under my belt
The sound of nostalgias getting louder and louder
Banging in chest like gun powder
Proud to of been a part of it
Leaving it behind with, just, a touch of regret
Some jobs left undone
Some songs left unsung
Some things didn’t quite get said and done
And some did
But they didn’t sound quite as good as they did in my head
But the sounds not fading
The backgrounds fading
And encores started playing
Not much time now
Just a sec for people to find out
How much I appreciated every second
And how the spoken word has become my guilty obsession
How I’m can see the hand of the man
And how it gently guided me into the plan
How it lifted me
How it comforted
Through the community that makes me feel so immensely blessed
And guided me in and out of the test
Maybe I didn’t pass with flying colours
But certainly tried really hard
And I did my best
And that’s all I can do
So raise my glass and make a toast to you
For everything
From the biggest gift
To the smallest conversation
The encores for you
The applause is to
And now it’s my time to stay true
And sound of nostalgia reaches its peak
And I’m finding hard ta speak
So, I turn, on to the sun
With the road at my feet
Till the next time we meet
To the next time ya hear that beat
Keep it real stay true and keep warming my seat
Coz it aint the end
This is just the preview
Coz this one’s for all of you
To many names I could mention
But you know what to do
So with a final line I tip my hat to you
And just say keep on,
doing what you do
so many more people can fill these shoes
But now the sounds fading,
The curtains closing on this act and the bands stopped playing
That’s all I’m saying.

Peace and love

2 comments:

  1. happy cinco de mayo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZ6Z2gTmsg

    would you dance for a taco!!?!? i would! i miss cinco de mayo!

    ReplyDelete