Tuesday 12 May 2009

Jap and mother Teresa

Another good day, so far so good, finished painting the swimming pool, good times then i spent the afternoon considering what to say to the youth. I went with a full testimony, including all the messy bits (I figure lay yourself right out in the open and see how God uses that) then talked a bit about what happens when you throw you life on God and put yourself completely in his hands. Coz it’s quite good. Then finished with a challenge to ‘come follow me’’ off of the bible.

There was a guy there from dutchland called yap, he is a friend of Fatons and has been coming to kosova and Albania for some 15 years and now, at 71 its starting to tell. He’s an old guy but young in sprit, he shared some of his story with me over cji, it’s like tea kind of but not as good. He has been the leader of two different churches and has work with mother Teresa in Calcutter but sees himself very much as a pioneer, having been up into the mountains of Albania reaching out to people in villages there. He is an eccentric guy who like the odd drink and cigar (but I made a pack not to smoke any for a while, so don’t worry) he told me people find him hard to work out, but as we shared stories and ideas of open churches and taking church out to the people I felt we connected a little.

We then, ironically, proceeded to the theatre to watch a play about the life of mother Teresa. An interesting prospect i realise. Apparently it was very good and lots of people cried, I wasn’t one of them for a change. But as it was all in Albanian, I had no ideas what was happening. But you know, the post communistic surroundings were interesting, the costumes were good and the lady who played old mother T did had the kinda hunched over old lady thing down to a T. Good times.

I read some more red moon rising before knocking off and again I’m inspired to pass on some of this vision to the guys here, when i gave my testimony I found myself talking a lot about prayer the prayer house and how in prayer God had been inspiring us to move out into the community. I’m excited but not convinced of how to approach the subject. There were a lot of sudden intakes of breath when I said that sometimes we prayed for a full 24 hours (i didn’t even get on to doing a full week) But as the say ne kosov, pak per pak, (little by little or bit at a time or slowly slowly, or something like that)

Barum Suri Albania tomorrow then diner and brother Fettas.

Shabbat and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment