Tuesday 12 May 2009

Open ended question

So far it looks like there no teaching plan. It just seems that, when we get somewhere if someone has something to share they share. If not, I’m not sure.
After our visit today The whole God story thing has been on my mind. I don’t know how much folks know of the bible, and I realise that even a very lightened version of the god story would be relatively heavy but I can’t help but think that a little structure might keep people interested, and build a foundation to be built on. Fatons going into the mountains on Sunday with Yap, probably not back till Friday next. I have some time to consider bringing this up but wondered what you might think.
I realise it will be a lot of work, and I’m conscious of not imposing English ideas on a culture I don’t yet understand. I just think it, might, possibly work.

Hit me up, wot do ya recon.

Plus it would keep me busy for a while.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right here. It is one of those things we have been saying, then modelling whilst on our visits, and seeking to encourage. But of course when we are not there....? I think you should put some thought into it, and yes even somehting simple would stretch them. But it needs to be intentional - they need foundations!
    You are so right for this, you really are.
    God bless, praying for you so much,
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set my comment from 'Dad' - strange! that's cause I registered as that for James' blog first. Hopefully changed it now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Story is not an alien cultural idea; it's the most universally relevant, trans cultural, resonant story ever told. If Jesus died for someone, they'll get it! So it's gotta have potential. In fact it may be all you have, 'cos when all our cool, culturally relevant communication ideas get blown away by the reality of being in a place where you don't speak the lingo and don't automatically get how people are thinking, it's the raw, undiluted gospel of Jesus and God who So Loved The World that is all you have left. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete