Tuesday 12 May 2009

The Strangest night

So, we went to Baca Fetas house for dinner tonight, I wasn’t sure why, just for hospitalities sake so I thought. But once I got there crazy Yap, with the, mainly unwilling help of Baca Feta, tried to convince me that I was going to be circumcised. Odd, granted, once Pastor Faton and kymalina arrived, they too joined in with the hilarity. There was one point that I did start to get a little worried when they started to get out different sized knives to see which one would suit the task. Of course it was all in the spirit of fun, and it was really good to have a laugh with these guys (even if it was at my expense)
So anyone one seen the play blood brothers? Me neither, but from the title I have an idea what it may consist of. Tonight I found out this process actually happens, Baca feta and crazy Dutch Yap became blood brothers. Pastor Faton prayed and they committed themselves to each other, in the sight of God, to care for, look after and support in all things, even after death, whoever was still alive would make sure correct provisions for the family were made. Apparently this happens across the Balkans. Good times. I must say it was a good evening, good food, we drank really good red wine, then beer (oh dear), luckily the rakie never got opened so we were saved, for now.
It was a bit odd, but was pleased to have been invited to serve as a witness to the process.
I think
Guzur – we had a lot of toasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment