Tuesday 26 May 2009

Three valuable lessons



Lesson 1) Learning to find God in a culture - On the left is the clock tower the symbol, and strength of Gjakova. Next is one of many Muslim mosque towers from which the call to prayer rings out 5 times a day a day across the city. Next is the imposing catholic cathedral that is still under construction and, thousands of pounds later is still, not open, however continues to dominates the sky line. Here are the imposing features of the Gjakova skyline. Where do you see god?
Lesson 2) Take the opportunity to speak. Speak up when you have the chance.
"I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.
9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."
Lessons 3) don’t leave the toaster on.

2 comments:

  1. Stevie
    deep calls to deep.
    Not just a journalist or a preacher but now a philospoher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also dont butter the bread before you toast it!

    ReplyDelete